4/13/2011

Killians - A to Z Blog Challenge

Killian's Irish Red is actually not very Irish, and hasn't been since it left Ireland in 1956. It was sold at that time to a French brewery, and then later sold again to Coors which is based in Colorado. 

Regardless of where it's brewed though, it is based on an Irish recipe, so we'll give it a pass. 

I like Killian's, and it's one of my baseline beers. It's good enough that I enjoy it, but not usually the first thing that I'd reach for. It's light, fairly clear, kinda watery, but still has a decent amount of flavor. The interesting thing to a beer geek like me, it's a lager like Bud, but it's got a taste similar to an ale. 

Another interesting thing about Killian's, it goes very well with pepperoni. Dunno why. Just does. It also makes me crave peanut butter sandwiches. 

Killian's rings in at 4.9%. 

Sorry I don't have much to say about Killian's. If this were a Video Log, it'd be even sorter, cause I'd probably just give it a thumbs up, and make a face that says "Sure!" I write a lot more at my other blog, to which there's a link to the right. ...just sayin.

5 comments:

  1. I'm stopping by from the A to Z challenge and I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pepperoni and Peanut butter sandwiches? Surely not at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting... I'm not much of a beer drinker myself, but I've always enjoyed finding out more about alcoholic drinks. No idea why though.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm, I like Killians. Thanks for the pepperoni tip.

    But damn - if I'd known it wasn't based in Ireland anymore, I might've rethought that Killians T-shirt I bought my brother for St. Patty's day. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sylvia - Thanks for stopping by! I'll be heading over to your place too. Since beer is not for everyone, and this whole blog is based on beer and my opinion if it, you may find more amusement over at my regular blog... there's a link to the right at the top of the column. :)

    Cindy - Ah... I never tried the two together... but I may now!

    @Misha - I can relate to you there, I'm pretty fascinated by astronomy, but I don't usually drink it.

    @Nicki - Lemme know how you like the pepperoni with Killians! Don't be too hard on it being made in CO, it's not the beer's fault. I still consider it Irish, cause that's the style of it. Hell, I consider myself Irish too, but I was brewed in Boston.

    ReplyDelete