4/09/2011

Honey Dew by Fullers - A to Z Blog Challenge

This beer is a very pale yellow, like 3 parts water, 1 part pineapple juice. It's crystal clear, no haze at all. Very little carbonation, and I'm wondering if they used any hops at all...

It's smooth and has a sweet taste of honey in the finish, but it's not the sweetness of honey, it's sort of a tart honey flavor, if that makes any sense... Says it's 5% on the bottle.

Perhaps the most interesting thing about this beer is the fact that after having half the bottle, when I burp, it's like I just ate a bowl of honey nut cheerios. A very different feel for having a belly full of beer (which I have cause I just finished the posts for E, F, and now H... G is Guinness, which I'm familiar with, so I don't have to sample. ... Sorta wish I could right now though... )

At the end of the day, it's not a bad beer, but I'd need to be in the mood for it. Cool bottle though. Can't wait to blog on a beer I actually love... Bound to happen sooner or later.

I guess I'm a little jaded here. A friend of mine makes a honey stout that he calls "Honey... I need a ride home". It's a Guinness clone but has a bunch of honey in it, and is like, 15%, but still very smooth. I was expecting something like that.

8 comments:

  1. okay so I really want to try your friends "drive me home" brew, that sounds interesting! What a great description and post, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. The bottle is cool. I'm partial to a good home brew Amber Ale, but sweet I don't do. There's chocolate for that addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm usually one for a dark ale, but that does sound tastey!

    stopping in from the A to Z to say hello

    http://baygirl32.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, wasn't exactly what I look for in a beer, but I could see myself enjoying it from time to time. Was refreshing at least. I bet it would go nicely with donuts, which is nothing something you'd think of eating while drinking beer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting beer - sometimes I find with the honey-flavoured ones that they have an awkward aftertaste :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. THe Honey drive me home does sound interesting.. the Honey Dew, not so much...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was looking for this beer blog. I do like Guiness so I'm sure I'd like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. My roommate imports this Ale into Trinidad, along with many other British Ales. I've tried Honey Dew, but it's a bit too sweet for me. I'm happy to have stumbled onto your blog. Will be back!
    Luna

    ReplyDelete