4/14/2012

A to Z Blog Challenge Beer Review - Mayflower Oatmeal Stout

Popped the top of this beer and honestly didn't smell much... After the pour I did though.

It poured smooth, slight chocolate brown head. Smelled malty, tones of brown sugar, and toffee.

Tastes like toasted malts, baker's chocolate, and oatmeal. Brings it all together nicely. Lots of tastes in one nice flavor... or is it lots of flavors in one nice taste?? Not sure how that works...

Anyway... not a bad beer. Not wonderful, but way better than yellow fizzy.

2 comments:

  1. I think it sounds good. I will have to keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking this theme! My two favorite beers are Guiness and Fat Tire by New Belgium Brewing in Ft. Collins, CO. Don't know if it's available in your area, but it's an amazing amber ale with complex flavors. I hope you're enjoying the challenge!
    Tina @ Life is Good
    Co-Host of the April A to Z Challenge
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete