4/04/2012

A to Z Blog Challenge Beer Review - Deadguy Ale by Rogue Ales

Brew: Deadguy Ale
Brewer: Rogue Ales
ABV: 6.5%
Opinion: Good Beer! 

I like the label, one of the most original labels, thus far in this review process, which did not start with A, and has not gone alphabetically.

I really like how creative, and yet, simple the name of this beer is. "Dead guy ale". That's totally a beer drinker at the helm of creativity right there. It doesn't have to be clever, it just has to be memorable, distinctive and original, just like the beer behind the label!

I cracked the bottle... which by the way... You're going to read that statement a lot. I didn't crack the actual glass of the bottle, that's cool guy slang for "opened". Savvy?

I smelled mostly bread. A sweet, bready, citrusy, maltieness. Smells like a lager yeast, I think. (Now I'm starting to sound like I know what I'm talking about, huh? Or at least like I think I do...)

This ale is sweet and fruity. Not a lot of bitterness, which is my favorite characteristic in a beer... But still a good tasting beer. For those who like everything BUT bitterness, this is a great beer.

Their website says to pair pork, or hot & spicy foods with this beer. I like to pair buffalo wings with just about any beer, but I can see where the smooth sweetness of this one would definitely compliment hot & spicy.

4 comments:

  1. This is the most brilliant A - Z theme, yet! I will definitely be visiting often and seeing which ones I can get my hands on here in Honolulu, Hawaii. Exciting!!!

    Mandy @ The Chockboard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Mandy! I agree whole heartedly. :D

      My "K" post is a beer from Hawaii, actually!

      Delete
  2. Hi. I'm visiting from the A-Z Challenge. One of my husband's favorite beer is Dead Guy. He dresses up like the skeleton every year for Halloween. I think now he's on to Sierra Nevada's Torpedo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is wondering if you've had Sierra Nevada's Hoptimum. It's a hundred IBU's and 10.4 ABV.

    ReplyDelete