4/13/2012

A to Z Blog Challenge Beer Review - Long Trail's Double Bag

Brew:  Strong Ale
Brewer:   http://www.longtrail.com/
ABV: 7.2%
Opinion: Good Beer.
 
Straight outta Vermont, this beer came highly recommended by a friend of mine. I was intrigued by the fact that it says "Strong Ale" on the label, and have no real idea what it has to do with cows...

I popped open this beer, and got a bready, metallic and yeasty scent. Not bad, I thought as I poured.

Light in color, a amber red. No head whatsoever.

It's got a nice malty flavor, a little bit of the alcohol taste, as it's 7.2%, but honestly not too much. I don't mind that flavor anyway to be frank.

Not a bad brew, I like it. I'd probably not crave it or anything, but if it were available, I'd much rather it to a fizzy yellow beer, or like, wine coolers.

2 comments:

  1. that's got an interesting label :)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com
    Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good theme- I know nothing about beers, but I like the label. Two cows have two "bags" I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet blog is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete